Thursday 13 December 2018

The joy of a SMART diary


I have recently been working with several young and many older dentists that are experiencing a lot of stress associated with their time management and appointment books.



The sort of things people are complaining about are;

·      “I end up staying late to write up my notes and I can’t remember what happened.”

·      “I am working really long hours and yet don’t seem to be making much and certainly not enough money”

·      “I don’t have time to think or plan properly, I am either making poor knee jerk decisions or no decision at all.”

·      “I feel as if I am always rushing especially with emergency patients and I feel so stressed.”

·      “My friends and family are moaning because I am always either at work or thinking about work”

·      “My patient needs and RCT and I can’t book them in for four weeks and they are really not happy.”

Does this sound familiar to you?

I am pleased to show you that there is another way. SMART diaries


When my clients introduce SMART diaries some of the benefits are;
S          Stress relieving
M         Money generating
A          Admin saving
R          Reputation raising
T          Team building








When making your diary SMART you need to start with the end in mind and consider what your appointment book has to deliver in terms of

S          Satisfaction from patients
M         Money generation
A          Administration and non-clinical tasks
R          Recreational time
T          Treatment delivery


Once you are clear about your outcomes then you can zone your appointment books with predictable stress-free results.

whenever I have helped clients design their SMART diary, results are always, income up, stress down, when would you like to get the same results?



No comments:

Post a Comment