Tuesday 20 July 2010

Dental Principal in need of help.

I have been recently contacted by a young dentist who told me his story and asked for my help as a dental business coach.

“Having spent my time doing NHS associate jobs and on many post grad training courses, I have recently bought a practice, with the support of my parents, who helped me with the finances.

Now I have lost my way, there is so much more to running a practice than the clinical work, and I am frustrated that I don’t know how to do it.

I have spent many years at dental school, and post grad training and nothing has prepared me adequately to run my own practice.

I often feel that the staff run the practice the way they want it to be, and almost never a week goes by when there isn’t some sort of spat between members of the team.

I feel overwhelmed by the financial responsibilities; my team and their families are depending on me to generate them an income. I don’t know one end of a spread sheet from and other and live in fear that there isn’t going to be enough to cover the bills at the end of the month.

I work long hours, usually 6 days a week and then come home or go into the practice to contend with the mountain of paperwork and other ‘stuff’ that needs my attention, not to mention the other stuff that I carry to or from work hoping that I will have the time to deal with it at the end of the day or early in the morning.

I feel as if everyone wants a piece of me and I don’t have the energy any more.

My relationship with my family is suffering and my health is deteriorating, I don’t sleep well, I use alcohol daily to wind down, I seldom exercise and my weight is increasing.

How can you help me?”

Does this sound familiar to you?

It is very familiar to me, all the time I am meeting dentists who are in varying states of frustration, overwhelm, fear, and don’t know where to turn.

Fortunately I have the answer the Institute of Dental Business a unique interactive training and coaching programme that provides you with all you need to know to make your good practice great.

Click here for more details and call me now to register 07989757884

No comments:

Post a Comment