Thursday 2 May 2019

Overcoming debilitating anxiety is quick – a case history








I was recently asked to offer a therapeutic coaching session to a new client, the presenting symptoms included;
·      being ill nine months ago and not working since
·      very anxious, suffering panic attacks
·      inability to open post
·      very distressed when the doorbell rang could not open the door
·      unable go to public places alone
·      intimate and non-intimate touch from partner difficult.

Historically, the client had had some issues that had involved referral and medication, a lot of time and money had been spent on conventional therapy and CBT, with no resolution, some experiences, signs, and symptoms were worsened as a result. Consequently, my client did not believe that change and resolution were possible. They wre very sceptical of therapeutic coaching and admitted they were only seeing me to keep their partner happy.

I spent two hours with my client, using an approach that did not require them to tell me any details about their experiences, triggers or traumas. Without revisiting painful memories, the anxiety and panic was completely resolved. At the end of the session my client told me, they had discovered the  situation they had thought, for years, had been the problem wasn't; it was something else. Now, the something else had been dealt with and they were ready and confident to move on with living life.

My client and their partner walked away hand in hand.

Two weeks on, I was pleased to hear from my client, they now have a job,  can open their post and all the other debilitating anxieties have gone. One very happy and grateful client.


What a result one session and two weeks.


If you, or someone you know is suffering from, stress, anxiety, depression, burnout, phobias, etc that are affecting their personal or professional life, where are they on this scale?


 
I am here to help you and your friends move to relaxed and confident permanently.

I can be contacted on 07989 757 884 or jane@IODB.co.uk for an informal conversation about  therapeutic coaching or to book a session

 


Your future needs attention today. Help is at hand, reach out.




No comments:

Post a Comment