Tuesday 7 January 2014

You will probably want to read this

This appeared in my in box this morning, and it is messages like this that make me grateful that I have a job I really love, and that I can really assist those fellow dentists (and others who are suffering.



DO NOT RING OR E-MAIL JANE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THIS !

I suffered from the scourge of depression for over 20 years. Working as a dentist in the NHS and then in the private sector, the physical and emotional demands of the job, attempts by our own governing body THE GDC to further erode our lowly professional standing at every opportunity and every corner, endless useless regulation from every angle In combination with   running my own practice finally caused the rope to snap. In the months up to the event, my life was held by a single piece of thread. The only thing that kept me going was because I love doing the actual dentistry and loyalty to my patients. When that last thread snapped one day, I almost felt some relief because I knew I had to do something different. I had to stop work as I lay down like a lame person off his wheel chair. I wondered at what had happened to me and the profession which I once enjoyed.  Going to work every day had become an ordeal in which your main objective was to make sure you did not step on that landmine which would blow you.

I had heard about Jane but wasn’t convinced that she or anyone could help me. In desperation, her phone number was the one that appeared in my desperate last attempt for help.

Even after the appointment was booked, I was not all hopeful and was actually scared to the point that I was thinking of just cancelling. But that may mean, lying in the pit of despair forever.

I picked up the phone and the session began for the next 60 minutes. At the end of what seemed like only 15 minutes, I felt different but not sure how. My immediate state of depression did not return. I must admit I was waiting for it but so far has been kept away; after 20 years of this misery. I am now working with Jane at restoring my health emotionally, physically and spiritually.

If you think I can help you, or someone you know please call me on 07989 757 884

No comments:

Post a Comment