Wednesday 22 August 2012

What doesn't serve you is harming you

What doesn't serve you is harming you.

Energy is not something I have, it is something I create.

I came across these phrases yesterday and today really struck a chord with me. And I began to reflect on my personal and business life and considered if this were true, what other things in my life that are not serving me and consequently harming me. Some of the things that I came up with included;
• a messy desk
• an interrupted nights sleep
• software systems that don't work properly
• clients are not paying on time
• clientS who are not regularly reviewing their KPI's (even though they understand why they should)
• Blown lightbulbs


and I'm sure I will come up many more.
What I will be doing over the next few days is reviewing those things that don't serve me in the following areas of my life personal and business.
  • Environment
  • Behaviours
  • capabilities
  • Beliefs and values
  • Identity
  • Purpose
I will then be looking at how I can create a regular timetable of activities that do serve me and boost my energy levels.

Have identified some things and will be deciding on more that I can do on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. I have displayed, these on my noticeboard in my next step is to schedule them in my diary.




I am curious what are those things in your life that are not serving you (consequently harming you)?

What must you schedule into your routine to boost your energy levels today and on a regular basis?

Post your thoughts comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment