Tuesday 2 November 2010

Is your practice going bankrupt?



This morning I had a conversation with the technician I used when I was in practice. He told me that three of his clients had gone bust and left him with a £1000 hole in his accounts.

Some dental practices are really feeling the pinch, and have empty appointment books and even going bust, is your practice one of them?

Are you ignoring the early warning signs that your practice is in trouble?

Do you know what the early warning signs are?

I was reminded about my own experience many years ago, when I had my wake-up call that I knew how to be a dentist and not run a successful dental practice as a business.

I discovered that a key employee was embezzling large sums of money, leaving me with a very large hole in my finances.

In that moment I knew that the situation had to change and I must learn the business of running a successful practice, so I recruited my first coach, attended lots of seminars on workshops on business management and read more books than I care to remember and most importantly I took action and changed the way I ran my practice. In a very short period of time I cleared the debt and was in a very financially secure position and running a successful profitable practice.

Would you like to know more?

I can definitely help you if your practice is in financial problems or have seen a drop off in the number of patients you are seeing.

Last year I started working with a client who was about to liquidate her business, she had laid off all but 2 of her staff. The other week I called in on her, she was recruiting a new member of staff to join the existing team of seven people. She told me that she was so busy and had so much work coming in she almost didn’t know how to manage it. Her business is now also turning in a healthy profit. A great success story that shows the value of coaching,

To find out how working with me can transform your practice too e mail me on jane@healthyandwealthy.co.uk or call me on 07989757884

No comments:

Post a Comment