Friday 9 August 2013

Thought for today


An epitaph taken from Westminster
 
When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits
I dreamed of changing the world.
As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change.
So I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.
But it too seemed immovable.
As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt
I settled for changing only family, those closest to me
But alas, they would have none of it.
And now as I lay on my deathbed, I suddenly realise :
If I had only changed myself first
Then, by example I would have changed my family.
From their inspiration and encouragement,
I would then have been able to better my country
And who knows, I may even have changed the world
 
 
 
Where or what can you change in yourself that has the
potential to positively influence others?

No comments:

Post a Comment