Tuesday 29 June 2010

Modelling great practice from other businesses

As a NLP practitioner and coach I like to model excellence where I see it. That is notice what someone else is doing really well and work out how I can incorporate it to my life or business.
I have recently become a fan of Lush cosmetics, there stores smell gorgeous, their staff are attentive and enthusiastic and their products are gorgeous.
Rather than making the trek into Oxford and pay the overinflated car park fees, I placed and order on line. My order arrived and I was struck by two incidences f excellent practice that I would like to share with you.
• Quality control. The package that arrive had a sticker on it with a lady’s face on it saying “Lovingly prepared by Sally P” I don’t know if Sally P exists or looks like the face on the sticker, and that is not the point, I felt like the package had been prepared just for me with all the love that I would wrap a birthday present.

Given in business that our customers buy people and not products what an innovative way Lush have found to create a personal touch in an otherwise impersonal on line order system.

• Inside the package attached to my invoice was a card that read “Pass it forward” “ we have put something extra in your parcel today just because we thought you’d appreciate it. It cheers us up to carry out random acts of kindness. We hope that it will cheer you up too. Feel free to pass it forward and carry out a random act of kindness of your own.”

What a truly elegant way to encourage me to recommend their products to other people I may know.

What can you take from these two exquisite business systems and emulate in your practices, to engage your patients and encourage referrals?


P.S. Visit lush at www.lush.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment